Let me count the ways I love thee, New Yawk.
From : Regina
Sent : Tuesday, July 27, 2004 8:24 AM
To : Elizabeth Lee, Belinda
sounds good Liz, I agree with most of your choices. Don't worry about having to go to lesbian bars or 'women's only spaces' - I won't drag you guys there. It's not like I'm gonna pick up women. I will just gawk like the rest of you.
We should also check to see if anyone's performing in NYC around that time. Would be cool to catch a concert.
Now, we'll wait for Bel's wish list, then we can start organizing which days to see what, whhere we should stay etc. I agree museums and stuff like that take half a day, if not the whole day.
Apparently ferries to Staten Island are free of charge.
We should get a good guide book and look through.
--- Elizabeth Lee wrote:
> yea, i got 21 days of annual leave. this company is
> not stingy on the leave
> days, i tell you. but man, i am ever so tempted to
> just quit and travel in
> sept. the quitting bug has been in my head a lot
> lately and don't be
> surprised if i do at the end of august! anyway, been
> taking unpaid leave for
> the past 8 months so now taking advantage of my
> annual PAID leave finally.
>
> Ok places to visit in New Yawk...My list is as
> follows:
>
> 1) Statue of Liberty...just coz it's such a
> touristy-landmark to go to.
> Ditto for Empire State Building. Plus the views from
> these two will be
> amazing to take photos from. Maybe we can all spit
> from the top to see who
> it lands on? Gross, I know, but again...such a
> touristy thing to do.
> Heh...plus with Belinda, how can we not go to the
> 'Third Empire' Building?
> *grins*
>
> 2) Central Park. Trees. Autumn. Hunks in billowing
> coats or those crazy
> enough to go running in short short short shorts
> (hhhmmmm, yummy...) or
> insane ladies who jog in their sports bra for
> regina. Reason enough to
> visit? =)
>
> 3) Fifth Ave or whereever's good to shop. I know
> this sounds silly but I'm
> so not geographically inclinded so...is Fifth Ave in
> Manhattan? Or is
> Manhattan just a bourough by itself? In any case,
> those famous shopping
> places - we can just window shop. No need to buy but
> wld love to walk down
> the same streets where all those famous
> movies/sitcom stars walked on. Of
> course, if can get good bargains, all the better.
>
> 4) Greenwich Village. Where all the creative types
> live. Can check out seedy
> jazz bars or underground mosh pits. We shld get
> drunk here. And wake up in
> some stoned out guy's flatotel. Who happens to be
> Rockerfeller's
> grand-grand-grandson and falls madly in love with
> one of us (sorry, reg!
> we'll find you a female version in a poetry bar,
> shall we?) and gets us all
> to stay in NY forever and say goodbye to our boring
> lives! Ok ok, indulge me
> in my fantasy. But seriously, we have to check this
> place out.
>
> 5) Ground Zero. I know this is depressing but I
> think amid all this fun, we
> shld visit a place that is part of New York. And
> this is definitely a big
> piece of what makes New York New York. I'll
> understand if u guys don't wanna
> go.
>
> 6) Guggenheim Museum. Ok this one I think will take
> at least a day to walk
> around. So if you're not up for walking, then ermmm
> we'll rent one of those
> mobile carts for the three of us! haha...but just
> think of all those cute
> arty-farty hotties we can bump into...Awww heck,
> just think of ALL the NY
> HOTTIES we can bump into...on the FUCKING streets
> alone!
>
> 7) Radio City, Rockefeller Centre and Times Square.
> Are they at the same
> place? Once again, just coz so many movies scenes
> take place there, e.g.
> Bjork's video Sexuality (correct me if I'm wrong).
> Basically, just wanna
> soak in the atmosphere that so many historic moments
> were recorded at that
> location.
>
> 8) Oh oh Broadway. Wld love to catch whatever
> musical's playing but if
> tickets are too ex, then no bother. Just walking
> down Broadway would be
> enough. I think with our gang of friends, it's
> pretty obvious why we have to
> go there.
>
> 9) Staten Island. Just so I can say 'Hello, I'm
> drunk.'
>
> 10) Little Italy and Chinatown so that we can gorge
> ourselves like pigs on
> the food there. hmm, maybe we shld stop by Rocco's
> as well, see if the
> bitchy waiters are still there and ask if that
> blonde waitress still has
> that vespa.
>
> 11) Soho. Just coz it sounds so snobbish but really,
> all the artsy stuff is
> here. Hehe...and there's a guggenheim soho too. if
> we can't make it for the
> 'main' one, we can kill two birds with one stone in
> Soho. we can pretend
> we're those artsy ppl and sit in cafes and rabble on
> about how we're gonna
> change the face of the new wave/arts explosion and
> what-nots.
>
> Ok I think I'd better stop here or I'll never bring
> myself back to reality.
> what abt you guys?
>
> liz
>
Sent : Tuesday, July 27, 2004 8:24 AM
To : Elizabeth Lee, Belinda
sounds good Liz, I agree with most of your choices. Don't worry about having to go to lesbian bars or 'women's only spaces' - I won't drag you guys there. It's not like I'm gonna pick up women. I will just gawk like the rest of you.
We should also check to see if anyone's performing in NYC around that time. Would be cool to catch a concert.
Now, we'll wait for Bel's wish list, then we can start organizing which days to see what, whhere we should stay etc. I agree museums and stuff like that take half a day, if not the whole day.
Apparently ferries to Staten Island are free of charge.
We should get a good guide book and look through.
--- Elizabeth Lee
> yea, i got 21 days of annual leave. this company is
> not stingy on the leave
> days, i tell you. but man, i am ever so tempted to
> just quit and travel in
> sept. the quitting bug has been in my head a lot
> lately and don't be
> surprised if i do at the end of august! anyway, been
> taking unpaid leave for
> the past 8 months so now taking advantage of my
> annual PAID leave finally.
>
> Ok places to visit in New Yawk...My list is as
> follows:
>
> 1) Statue of Liberty...just coz it's such a
> touristy-landmark to go to.
> Ditto for Empire State Building. Plus the views from
> these two will be
> amazing to take photos from. Maybe we can all spit
> from the top to see who
> it lands on? Gross, I know, but again...such a
> touristy thing to do.
> Heh...plus with Belinda, how can we not go to the
> 'Third Empire' Building?
> *grins*
>
> 2) Central Park. Trees. Autumn. Hunks in billowing
> coats or those crazy
> enough to go running in short short short shorts
> (hhhmmmm, yummy...) or
> insane ladies who jog in their sports bra for
> regina. Reason enough to
> visit? =)
>
> 3) Fifth Ave or whereever's good to shop. I know
> this sounds silly but I'm
> so not geographically inclinded so...is Fifth Ave in
> Manhattan? Or is
> Manhattan just a bourough by itself? In any case,
> those famous shopping
> places - we can just window shop. No need to buy but
> wld love to walk down
> the same streets where all those famous
> movies/sitcom stars walked on. Of
> course, if can get good bargains, all the better.
>
> 4) Greenwich Village. Where all the creative types
> live. Can check out seedy
> jazz bars or underground mosh pits. We shld get
> drunk here. And wake up in
> some stoned out guy's flatotel. Who happens to be
> Rockerfeller's
> grand-grand-grandson and falls madly in love with
> one of us (sorry, reg!
> we'll find you a female version in a poetry bar,
> shall we?) and gets us all
> to stay in NY forever and say goodbye to our boring
> lives! Ok ok, indulge me
> in my fantasy. But seriously, we have to check this
> place out.
>
> 5) Ground Zero. I know this is depressing but I
> think amid all this fun, we
> shld visit a place that is part of New York. And
> this is definitely a big
> piece of what makes New York New York. I'll
> understand if u guys don't wanna
> go.
>
> 6) Guggenheim Museum. Ok this one I think will take
> at least a day to walk
> around. So if you're not up for walking, then ermmm
> we'll rent one of those
> mobile carts for the three of us! haha...but just
> think of all those cute
> arty-farty hotties we can bump into...Awww heck,
> just think of ALL the NY
> HOTTIES we can bump into...on the FUCKING streets
> alone!
>
> 7) Radio City, Rockefeller Centre and Times Square.
> Are they at the same
> place? Once again, just coz so many movies scenes
> take place there, e.g.
> Bjork's video Sexuality (correct me if I'm wrong).
> Basically, just wanna
> soak in the atmosphere that so many historic moments
> were recorded at that
> location.
>
> 8) Oh oh Broadway. Wld love to catch whatever
> musical's playing but if
> tickets are too ex, then no bother. Just walking
> down Broadway would be
> enough. I think with our gang of friends, it's
> pretty obvious why we have to
> go there.
>
> 9) Staten Island. Just so I can say 'Hello, I'm
> drunk.'
>
> 10) Little Italy and Chinatown so that we can gorge
> ourselves like pigs on
> the food there. hmm, maybe we shld stop by Rocco's
> as well, see if the
> bitchy waiters are still there and ask if that
> blonde waitress still has
> that vespa.
>
> 11) Soho. Just coz it sounds so snobbish but really,
> all the artsy stuff is
> here. Hehe...and there's a guggenheim soho too. if
> we can't make it for the
> 'main' one, we can kill two birds with one stone in
> Soho. we can pretend
> we're those artsy ppl and sit in cafes and rabble on
> about how we're gonna
> change the face of the new wave/arts explosion and
> what-nots.
>
> Ok I think I'd better stop here or I'll never bring
> myself back to reality.
> what abt you guys?
>
> liz
>

<< Home